About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4: Late Start, Late Finish at the Neighborhood Kibbutz

For the next two days, I become the Neighborhood Kibbutz. Plenty of great kids will be here, sharing all the 4th Stooge's toys, as well as helping me clean my fridge by eating all my goodies.

The Neighborhood Kibbutz is a great neighborhood rotational club. It's composed of working moms in my neighborhood who believe we need to take care of each other by giving each other a break. Plus, the kids enjoy playing together.

I am the Kibbutz for two days consecutively this week. Here's how today went down:

1. Had One-A-Day vitamin for breakfast and lunch because I didn't have time to eat this morning. We were running late. I was going to puke by 10:00 a.m. I realized it can't be morning sickness unless I'm carrying Baby Jesus. Toddler neighbor wanted to share her banana. Toddler was right: bananas help you feel better. Thank G-d for no baby Jesus.
2. Had a granola bar by 3:00 p.m., when it was time to pick up the kids from school.
3. Walked by the Harvard valedictorian for 15 minutes outside.
4. Vacuumed only three rooms. Sprayed the bathroom, but never wiped it down. Folded three loads of laundry.
5. Am still trying to extract a free oil change and $25 gift card from the car dealer who promised me such things in November. We're in a battle of wills to see who can be more annoying. They should ask Alpha Male. I ALWAYS win.
6. Returned shelf I broke to the same store, but in a different location. The different location didn't sell that type of shelf. Will need to shlep to original store tomorrow and try to find a coupon in the meantime.
7. Did absolutely no paid consulting work this week. Will need to do something tomorrow.
8. Will be watching other people work out on MTV's Jersey Shore after I catch up with the "V" aliens.

This week is all about getting things started and seeing if I can "maintain." I'm going to try to start drinking at least 3 to 4 glasses of water tomorrow. I usually go a day with 1 to 2 glasses of some liquid substance. I was a camel in a former life.

3 comments:

  1. an overlooked good source for healthy recipes:
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/RecipeIndex

    ReplyDelete
  2. also -about that water consumption:
    http://blogs.ngm.com/blog_central/2010/09/eight-glasses-a-day-shattering-the-water-myth.html?source=link_tw20110104ngmb-water

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! I need all the help I can get.

    ReplyDelete