About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Friday, June 3, 2011

My Six Degrees of Separation with Fame

If you've read through my Cast of Characters, you know I don't hang out with high society. Yet, like any Trophy Wife in training, my brushes with celebrities could make for their own sitcom:

The Alpha Male and his siblings went to high school with Jon Gosselin. His family continues to lives doors down from Gosselin's relatives.

Before he became somewhat infamous and had to change his name, I was mentored by the best-selling author of JFK Jr.'s "portrait."

One of my childhood best friends appeared on Ellen DeGeneres. After announcing how Ellen had helped her come "out" a lesbian, she became a man several years later.

I worked on the hospital maternity ward that delivered a famous Hollywood family's baby. Later, my high school best friend married into that Hollywood family.

One of my college best friends beat American Idol's Ryan Seacrest in a senior class president election. I expect to see my friend running for political office soon.

Mick Jagger's hair stylist officiated my Mensa Sister's marriage.

I sat next to Emmanuel Lewis on an airline as he explained his "short" career revival strategy.

Yet, my latest encounter happened accidentally, as it often does, while I was watching my latest guilty pleasure, Pregnant in Heels. The show profiles wealthy women who have too much disposable income and ask Rosie Pope -- British maternity concierge extraordinaire who delivers much needed humbling advice with just the right amount of condescension to get narcisstic people to listen to her lisp -- for help with everything from branding their baby's name to taking nude photos of pregnant women in Central Park.

Not surprisingly, I knew Rosie Pope's charity case in Episode 5. The rocker mom and I go way back...



"You should be so grateful you wound up with me. Your life could have been a lot of different," the Alpha Male snarked.

I am grateful. And he's right.

I was almost a member of the rocker mom's family.

However, I'm still grateful to the rocker mom for going with me to a Tori Amos concert when no one else would. I am also genuinely happy for her and her family. I knew her when she was beginning her singing career and I'm glad she finally received some TV exposure, even if she had to handle Rosie Pope's patronizing comments.

In upcoming news: I run a 5K tomorrow! I haven't trained. To make matters more interesting, I'm the volunteer nurse. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Best Pal She Turned GayJuly 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM

    I love the part where the mom-to-be and Rosie are staring at the bookcase full of CDs and Rosie says, "This bookcase is wobbly and could fall on your child, it needs to come down!" Then, the mom-to-be says, "I don't know where to start," to which Rosie replies, "At the top, with the first CD going in a box followed by all the rest." Love it when pointing out the obvious is both snarky and right to the bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe this, my husband is back, i am grateful to see my husband returned with full force, Mr Robinson made this miracle to happen, Happiness has come to me at last, I am very pleased to say things are going well, I truly believe this spell has made difference in my relationship, Mr Robinson is truly gifted, I will recommend to anybody who's looking for a serious spell caster to cast a love spell him or her should contact this email robinsonbuckler@yahoo. com or call Mr Robinson 00919715126745 , he wont disappointed you if you ask him to help you. All I want to say is that this spell caster MADE MY DREAMS COME TRUE.
    Anna Giovanniu

    ReplyDelete


  3. I was having Herpes Simplex Virus then i came across a review of people saying that they got treated from Herpes Simplex Virus by Dr Voke., So i gave a try by contacting him through his email and explain my problem to him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like HERPES HIV, shingles,low sperm count or bringing back your ex lover, this great man is extremely the best in which I have seen and applauds and if you also need a help, you can also email him via email (doctorvoke@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete