About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"You Clean Up Nice"

After returning from a great Memorial Day Weekend trip in Ogunquit, Maine (thanks to a suggestion from my Life Partner), I was left with an undone mountain of laundry.

I picked up the only clean wearable item in my draw. It was a fading red $14 one-piece Old Navy dress that I bought about 10 years ago. I added a necklace with red stones that could have been found in a backyard and black sandals. I didn't even bother wearing a bra to hold in my newly diagnosed Cs http://trophywiferesolution.blogspot.com/2011/02/psyched-to-score-c.html.

Not exactly haute couture.

As the 4th Stooge and I were shopping at the pretentious Whole Foods, an acquaintance who forgot my name (but I knew hers), said, "My, you're all dressed up. You must be going to a party."

"No. It was just the only clean thing I could find that wasn't on my floor today," I replied. "But, thanks for the compliment."

She consciously ignored me as we walked past her in the other aisles and the 4th Stooge proceeded to walk around the store with his shirt on backwards.

The 4th Stooge's preschool teacher also asked if I was going to a party today. When I laughed and told him he was the second person to ask that question, he replied that he hardly ever makes such comments.

Obviously, I don't get out much. And I probably need to start dressing better.

Good news to report: By a stroke of good luck, we got a slot in the new CSA -- a local cooperative farm that where we'll be able to pick up fresh vegetables weekly. It should save me from the weekly Whole Foods runway fashion fiascoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment