About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When the Nurse Needs a Nurse

I ran a 5K "Fun Run" with the Alpha Male, Hermione Granger and the 4th Stooge. After the first mile, the Alpha Male took my backpack of nurse supplies. I didn't even put up a fight. So much for me being the volunteer nurse at the race. The help needed help.

After 1.5 miles, he hoisted the 4th Stooge on his shoulders and ran the rest of the race like that.

At the second mile mark, the Alpha Male -- who was able to talk like a normal peson while I was heaving agonal gasps -- said, "I don't understand why you sign up for these races. You never train for them and then wonder why you aren't fast."

I was too breathless to respond.

Yet, Hermione Granger, Alpha Male and I ran the whole way. And we finished in second to last place.

We celebrated our meek victory by turning into carnivores and splurging at Outback.

All was well and good until I woke up the next morning. I might as well as have developed rheumatoid arthritis in my sleep as I could barely move. The Harvard Valedictorian is going to have start walking me if I'm going to ready for the 5 mile race in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment