About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Latest Indulgences...

Since we celebrate Hallmark, December is the most insane month of the year.

After celebrating another holiday commemorating another successful Jewish escape from persecution and lighting Kwanzaa candles for no good reason, we will embark on our whirlwind Christmas trip across the country to visit family and friends. 

Once I get passed Hermione Granger's motion sickness and the 4th Stooge kicking my seat for 7 hours, we will arrive at family's doorstep to celebrate Christmas and await Santa's arrival. Graciously, my in-laws incorporate my cultural traditions into the Christmas mix. We celebrate Warsaw Ghetto Style 1941. 12 plus people, 1 dog, 1 bathroom, cozy together for a week.

During this time, I prepare for a week-long metaphysical hibernation by indulging in cookies and every fattening carbohydrate I can get my hands on. I will watch too many Christmas specials. If I'm lucky, I'll get to use the bathroom thrice by myself over the week.

Since Santa never gave a crap when I was a poor little Jewish kid with an eyepatch, braces and headgear, I can tell you he hasn't started caring now. Alpha Male and the 4th Stooge are already have hacking coughs.

As I'll convey in a week when I return, current events may make this Merry Sh?@#tmas part Deux. Stay tuned.

Aside from tradition, here's a blasphemous piece by the late George Carlin.  Happy holidays and bless Joe Pesci! (WARNING: The clip contains explicit language and shouldn't be watched by children, the Fab 5, or in a public place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment