About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Best in Show Support

My German Shepherd is currently the only one in my immediate family showing support for the Trophy Wife Resolution. She already walked me once this week.

As mentioned in my first post, my dog is going on full scholarship to Harvard University's Canine Cognition Lab. She has dedicated her intellect to developing canine I.Q. tests and was recently recognized as valedictorian of her class.  Her efforts make it easier to forgive her daily transgressions of planting a family sock garden in the backyard, barking at the neighbors or stealing one of my daughter's stuffed animals.




My homo sapien offspring just can't compete.

While the dog is the only Ivy Leaguer in her dog family, she isn't the only one with special talents. Her dad, Sherry, appeared on Animal Planet. Her half-brother Grizzly, helped a boy cope with dying from cancer and was featured in the book, The Good Shepherd.  Although Grizzly is blind, the dog's unconditional love and support for the boy prompted the boy's mother to start two dog therapy associations.


If you love German Shepherds, visit http://www.traumhofgsd.com.  While the breeder is a wonderful woman who has a tremendous sense of humor that is well-earned after caring for 21 plus German Shepherds on her farm, expect an FBI interrogation if you want one of her pups.  It's completely worth it and you'll gain more than a furry friend in the end.

In honor of the dog's support, here's a true trophy wife from Best in Show:

No comments:

Post a Comment