About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Babes: New Year's Resolutions

When discussing our New Year's resolutions, Hermione Granger said she'll try to make sure she gets 30 minutes of piano practice a day. The 4th Stooge says he'll try to do a better job brushing his teeth by himself and work on his reading. When I said that I'm going to try to take better care of myself, Hermione Granger asked, "Well, then who will take care of US?"

Out of the mouth of babes, her question is my most important take-away from this year. I don't want my daughter to grow up believing that she needs to take care of everyone else at her own expense. Instead of perpetuating the myths of motherhood that continually get passed down with each generation, I want her to know that if she wants to become a good mom, wife, or successful at anything, she must take care of herself FIRST and not to her own detriment. If anything, I need to make this year work for ME so that her life will ultimately work for her.

Here's wishing you success in resolutions that not only help better your life, but loved ones and others around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment