About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Second Week Setbacks and Shabby Chic's Advice

A night of ice cream, barely any blogging, few showers, and I just returned the overdue, never used work-out videos to the library. In addition to making little self progress, I'm $4 in the hole. Oy veh.

While I lost 1.5 pounds, the bad news is I'll probably gain it all back. There wasn't much time for eating this week and I'll probably overcompensate next week.

The other good news is I was able to catch up with Shabby Chic. Just when I thought I was calling to give her advice about her new company, she gave me even better advice. Often sought after for her priceless candor, Shabby Chic said I've got to start scheduling this self-care time. It'll only become a priority if I schedule self-care as part of my daily grind.

Like always, she is right:)

Which reminds me of how my supervisor at the fitness center was excited that I initially wanted to participate in a fitness challenge. Then I realized participants had to get up at 6:00 a.m. The Therapist thought I was nuts.

I'm eventually going to have to do something there. I'm still plotting how to get this exercise piece in my day.

Meanwhile, the Harvard valedictorian has gotten wise about the walking business. When she knows the kids are off at school, she'll grab her leash off the wall and bring it to me. She remains my biggest supporter in the house.

I've also tried more vegetarian dishes this week. Strangely, this seems to be a more expensive route and my grocery bill has gone up significantly by $100 each week. I'm still figuring out how to balance good health habits with the checkbook. While we've talked about growing a garden this year, I've got a few months of snow left before that becomes a reality.

In other news, we had our first sledding snafu this year and the 4th Stooge's left eye has blown up like a watermelon. Hermione Granger also had a major protest at her annual pediatrician's visit because she's still in a 5-point harness car seat. (No one overprotects like a Jewish mother.)

Sayonnara to a busy week with last-minute assignments that ate up a lot of my life. Next week promises to be filled with the Book Club gang and a night of CPR re-certification.

1 comment:

  1. Best Pal She Turned GayJanuary 16, 2011 at 9:43 PM

    I am with Jewish American Princess on this one, time to schedule. You do well with structure, Trophy Wife, so use that to your advantage. First things first, shower. Whatever time the kids go off to school, 7:00 or 7:30, take the immediate 30 minutes after you tots are gone to shower, brush hair (thats right blow-dry and brush), and eat a sensible breakfast. Do this all before you get on the Internet! Start small and build from there.

    Next thing is to get a bowl and fill it with fruit. Put the bowl on your kitchen table. This will serve as a visual reminder not to eat cookies or ice cream. It may even make you feel guilty and that is the point. We all have setbacks. It is how you rebound from them that matters!

    ReplyDelete