About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Accused of Pregnancy

I've been slacking this month. I've sneaked cookies, haven't been exercising and have probably been spending too much time working at the computer. It all caught up with me today when I got the Mother of all Critiques:

"You look pregnant. I bet you are," a mom said in one of the postpartum groups I teach with the Therapist at the women's fitness center today.

"No. I'm just fat," I replied.

Mortified, the mom voiced that she wanted to run out of the room. Trying to be a professional, I said, "Oh, I get that all the time being a maternity nurse. The baby walked out 5 years ago. It's just where your life is...etc.," and I quickly switched the conversation topic.

I can guarantee with almost 99% certainty that I'm not pregnant. If it were true, I would be carrying the Messiah.

I better get my act together before I venture out in a bathing suit before Iceland's Aryan Viking gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment