About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chinese Mothers Are Better than Me, Friday Night Mess and the End of 1st Week Results

According to the latest Wall Street Journal article by a Yale professor who is bringing her kids up the good ole Asian way, Chinese moms are superior to the rest of us:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704111504576059713528698754.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

I would love to hear what my Jewish mutha thinks of this. Jews are like Asians when it comes to prioritizing school, but socialization is also highly encouraged with eating, which occurs all the time. If the peanut gallery has any thoughts about the article, I'm happy to continue the discussion.

In other news, Friday night set the stage for a slothful, lazy weekend. The Harvard valedictorian pooped all over the living room for no reason. (She's been toilet trained for a year now. You would think this wouldn't happen from a Harvard graduate.) When the Alpha Male went to yell at her for the problem, the Harvard valedictorian proceeded to pee on both of our shoes. After cleaning up the mess around 10:00 p.m., the Alpha Male began puking into the wee hours of the night. Once I Hazmated the house by midnight and fell asleep on the couch, the inclement weather kept us indoors for the remainder of the weekend.

My Friday nights used to be a lot more exciting.

The good news is I did attempt a few things this weekend. I made a few new vegetarian dishes. Two out of three were a hit, especially the Bimbimpap. I also lost 1.5 pounds. I haven't eaten one cookie in a week and yes, I'm still experiencing cravings and shakes. I've replaced the cookies with 10 clementines a day. Considering I only had to self-heimlich myself once after choking on a vitamin, the fact I'm still taking vitamins shows progress.

Next week I'll try to use those rented library videos that are doing more work collecting dust. I also need to start drinking at least 3 to 4 glasses of some liquid (other than alcohol) a day. It's supposed to be a busy work week so wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Best Pal She Turned GayJanuary 10, 2011 at 7:06 AM

    There seems to be an unusually high amount of the three Ps in your life - poop, pee, and puke (existential and otherwise). We are going to have to figure out how to reduce these levels if you are going to be a true trophy wife. Stay strong this week. Cement the progress you have made so far!

    ReplyDelete