About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Hairdresser

"To the only Jewish girl with an Afro," was written in my high school yearbook. Finding someone who can cut my hair has been a lifelong challenge.

Of course, only a cross between Edward Scissorhands and Jerry Springer will do.

The Hairdresser had a hacking cough when I arrived. I asked her if she was OK and she said, "Not really. I've got a nasty sinus infection." I asked her if she was taking antibiotics. She replied, "Yeah. I'm taking my dog's."

She then continued to fill me in on her latest drama. Three months ago when I last saw her, her boyfriend's brother was the victim of a homicide staged as a suicide. She told me how her boyfriend moved in and the ordeal that ensued.

When I asked her how she and he were coping, the Hairdresser replied," I threw him, his daughter and grandkid out two days after I saw you. His ex girlfriend told me he was cheating on me the whole time. What a loser." Her pit bulls were involved in his eviction.

As she relayed the sordid details and continued to hack, she told me how I should consider straightening my hair with a "natural formaldehyde" Keratin treatment. The only glitch is I'll have to be fully garbed in a Hazmat suit to get the treatment since formaldehyde is linked to cancer and birth defects in unborn fetuses.

Of course, The Hairdresser worked her magic. Now, let's just hope I can stay well enough before the Iceland adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment