About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Alpha Male Still Likes Me

Despite having a busy day catching up on work someone pays me to do and stopping Hermione Granger's hemorraging twice today that resulted from a epitaxis (bloody nose) and baby tooth that crumbled out of her mouth, I received an incredible surprise from Alpha Male.

We're going to Iceland! For some reason, I've had this lifelong dream to sit in the heated springs of the Blue Lagoon and watch snow fall around me. Nothing better than Nature's Spa. Supposedly, the Aurora Borealis will be in full effect.

This will mark the first time in 10 years we are going away alone sans spawn. Believe me, we suffer from the same problems a lot of other people do: relatives live states away and they still have full working lives. When your life is dictated by everyone under age 18, particularly babysitters, the best laid plans often fall apart ironically to their new boyfriends or friends who have better cars.

I'm grateful that my mother-in-law has generously offered to watch our spawn. I'm even more grateful that I have a wonderful husband who planned, organized, and conjered up the whole surprise for our birthdays and anniversary.

Of course, this means I really need to get my act together. I thought I'd have at least six months to try to look good in a bathing suit. I'll need to start making use of some of those library movies fast...

2 comments:

  1. Best Pal She Turned GayJanuary 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM

    The Alpha Male knows something about motivation, like BF Skinner! If you want to look good in those blue lagoon volcanic hot springs, you are going to have to work it, Trophy Wife. Your progress to date seems a bit uneven but that is to be expected. When is the trip? With this date in mind you can "project plan" how your are going to reach your goal. Get out MS Project and let's get started!!! OK, the Best Pal She Turned Gay is a bit of a nerd to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to Iceland in the winter! It's actually part clinic / part hotel. The Alpha Male says many people with skin disorders frequent this place. I suppose it'll be me and a bunch of Lepers.

    Will fill everyone on more details shortly...

    ReplyDelete