About Me

My photo
Despite many failed attempts to exercise more, eat better, and take better care of myself, I've decided to make the "Trophy Wife Resolution." Since I am the complete anti-thesis of a trophy wife, let's see if I can rise to the challenge!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Quarter Results Are In...

and they are not looking good.

Poundage: I regained every pound I started this year with plus one this past week.

Teeth: Although my teeth did turn a shade whiter from the Crest White Strips, I still have one strip left in the box. It took me more than 2 months to implement the 2 week teeth whitening, rabies-inducing regimen.

Exercise: The exercise videos have have been quietly collecting dust, as if they are trying to participate in a conspiracy cover-up.

Excuse? I don't have one. I could make something up, but there's really no reason for not getting off my tush.

The first quarter good news is:
1. Even if it's not working for me, the blog seems to be motivating other people. Outside of cyberspace, friends and the Jewish Mutha have filled me in on ways they are taking better care of themselves. The Jewish Mutha even got the referral for her sleep apnea test. She may just get a week with her grandchildren at the Villa Villekula.
2. I've finally found a great skin cream that works wonders. Of course, it comes directly from Iceland's Blue Lagoon. It is worth every penny, especially if you live in a harsh, wintry climate that sucks the moisture and soul out of your skin. It has even replaced the Alpha Male's pet store brand. I highly recommend the Blue Lagoon's Mineral Intensive Cream, which can be found at: Mother's Day is coming up so consider it a worthwhile gift.
3. We are eating healthier foods. Although my food budget has increased significantly, we've made a family decision that we are going to pay for it now with healthy foods instead of later with expensive health care and irreversible chronic illness down the line. Seeing Food Inc. and reading the Omnivore's Dilemma have further convinced me that I just can't eat food that is processed with byproducts from Agent Orange.



4. I have found a new mentor, whose blog I will be featuring shortly.

I'm planning to get back on track with writing and my progress. Now that the weather is getting warmer, the Harvard Valedictorian will be taking me out for more walks. There's also some business about going to Washington, D.C. to run in some race with the Best Friend and Hot Mama.

Thanks for hanging in there and I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment